Table of Contents:
- 1 TecTecTec ProWild Hunting Rangefinder
- 2 TACKLIFE Golf Rangefinder MLR01
- 3 Halo XL450-7 Rangefinder
- 4 Wosports Hunting Rangefinder
- 5 SUAOKI Digital Laser Rangefinder Scope
- 6 SIG Sauer Kilo850 4x20mm Laser Rangefinder
- 7 AOFAR 700 Yards 6X 25mm Laser Rangefinder
- 8 Uineye Golf Rangefinder
- 9 Simmons LRF 600 Tilt Intelligence laser Rangefinder
- 10 LaserWorks LW1000SPI Laser Rangefinder
- 11 Buyer’s Guide
Rangefinders are excellent tools for determining the distance of a targeted object. Their accuracy makes them extremely useful, whether they’re used for golf, hunting or military purposes. When shopping for a rangefinder it is important to look for specs that match your taste and the purpose for which you wish to use it. It is also very important to look for one within an affordable price range. This article provides reviews on best cheap rangefinders that are both affordable and high quality.
Check out our Top 3...
TecTecTec ProWild Hunting Rangefinder
Super accurate laser range measurement
Want more features? Read on.
TecTecTec ProWild Hunting Rangefinder
TecTecTec can pretty much be considered new to the hunting scene as their main concern has been Golf units. The ProWild rangefinder is a great addition to the hunting scene with features that will make your hunting experience smoother and more efficient.
It comes with 540 yards of distance ranging, accuracy within 1 yard and a continuous scan mode, giving speedy measurements that make for a smooth hunt. The rangefinder also comes with a built-in speed meter that allows you to accurately measure the speed at which your target is moving.
This hunting rangefinder is lightweight at 6.5 ounces and is quite portable, measuring 4.1 by 2.8 by 1.6 inches. It’s a pocket-sized product that also comes with a wrist lanyard. It’s also weather resistant, making it suitable for use in harsh weather conditions.
The multi-layered optics are also quite clear and high quality. The device comes with a 6x magnification feature that enables better focus and identification of your target.
The product comes with a CR2 battery and has a 30-second automatic shutdown feature.
- 540 yards of distance ranging
- Built-in speed meter
- 6x magnification
- CR2 battery with 30-second automatic shutdown
- Easy to use and great for beginners, kids, and users who prefer simplicity to sophistication.
- Lightweight, compact and easy to set up
- Сomes with a wrist lanyard, making it very portable
- Weather resistant
- Tough exterior and isn’t easily damaged
- Comes with a speed meter
- Multi-layered optics
- The display has a battery meter, preventing unexpected battery deaths while on the field
- Long range enables hunters to take shots up to 540 yards.
- The aiming mark and lines are easy to read in low-light conditions
- Buyers have complained about receiving defective units
TACKLIFE Golf Rangefinder MLR01
When seeking to purchase a golf rangefinder, yardage and accuracy are important features to look out for. In this case, the Tacklife golf rangefinder is a very useful tool, as it enables you to measure up to 900 yards with an accuracy of +/-1, users can also decide to have the distances displayed in either yards or meters. This product comes with a 7x magnification feature. It uses a 750 mah lithium battery with USB charging, and a 1/4-inch thread for mounting on a tripod which ensures stability and better focus.
- Range up to 900 yards
- Accuracy of +/-1
- 7x magnification
- 750 mah lithium battery with USB charging
- 1/4-inch thread for mounting
- Has 7X magnification.
- Comes with a tripod mounting thread.
- The product is fully multi-coated for clearer images.
- It’s weather resistant and suitable for use in any weather condition.
- Very precise and accurate in measurement.
- Can be used for activities other than golf.
- Comes with an auto power off feature.
- Light-weight and compact, making it very portable.
- Not very helpful in identifying flagsticks. The shell isn’t very durable.
Halo XL450-7 Rangefinder
The Halo XL450-7 is an affordable rangefinder that is designed to provide top-notch accuracy for bow hunting, rifle hunting and target shooting activities. The XL450-7 comes with amazing features despite its economic price range. It makes for a great hunting experience at a budget. It has received a lot of praise from users, although some buyers complain of receiving defective units.
The XL450-7 is very easy to use and is operated with a single button. It’s a lightweight, compact rangefinder that can easily be carried with you on a hunting trip. It has a reflective range of up to 450 yards and slope and elevation compensation, making for a formidable hunting tool. Though it doesn’t come with a case, it comes with a CR2 and battery and a wrist strap. It also has a 6x magnification feature, making distant objects more focused and easy to target.
- Range of up to 450 yards
- 6x magnification
- Battery and a wrist strap
- Has AI technology
- Auto acquisition
- Scan mode
- Easy to use
- 6x magnification quality sensor
- Large aiming box
- The battery doesn’t last long
- Poor display illumination in low light.
- Makes use of traditional LCD display
Wosports Hunting Rangefinder
The Wosports hunting rangefinder is a highly effective product that stands out in its ability to accurately measure the speed and distance of a target, whether or not the target is in motion. The 6x magnification enables distance measurement without difficulty, providing a clear view of the targeted object.
The product is compact, lightweight and easy to carry around. It also has a waterproof rubber casing that protects it in extreme weather conditions and makes for a useful measurement and targeting tool in harsh weather.
- 6x magnification
- Waterproof rubber casting
- Detects target easily
- Very durable
- Lightweight and quite portable.
- Has an efficient motion detector
- Its weatherproof rubber casing may debilitate after the product is used for a long time
- Poor battery door fixation
SUAOKI Digital Laser Rangefinder Scope
This rangefinder has an amazing range of 656 yards and efficiently measures the distance to an object. It also has 6X magnification which ensures the accuracy of +/- 1 yard. It has a bright and clear LCD Screen as well as a side screen that enables users to read the measurement without tasking your eyes, making this a unique product.
The Suaoki Digital rangefinder has a standard 21mm objective lens. This device also has adaptable modes, which means you can choose from golf distance correction, fog mode, and flagpole lock mode options. The Suaoki digital rangefinder only weighs 6oz., and its dimensions are 106 x 39 x 73mm meaning it is lightweight and compact. This product rangefinder also comes with a CR2 battery, user manual, wrist lanyard, wiping cloth and a carrying bag.
- Range of up to 656 yards
- 21mm objective lens
- CR2 battery
- User manual, wrist lanyard, wiping cloth and a carrying bag
- Has a 6x magnification feature that promises a +/- 1-meter accuracy
- Comes with a side display that makes reading the measurements easy without hurting your eyes
- Weather resistant, suitable for use in any weather, including fog and rain
- Lightweight rangefinder that is portable, and thus easy to carry
- It can also be used for hunting activities, making it a versatile product
- It has a sturdy casing that makes it very durable and great for use in harsh environments
- Long lasting rechargeable CR2 battery
- Its carry case makes it easy to transport and store
- Users have to hold it very steadily to get maximum accuracy
- This device is very simple, and professionals are not apt to find it useful
- Its speed scanner will not be useful to golf players as it’s a more suitable feature for hunting activities
SIG Sauer Kilo850 4x20mm Laser Rangefinder
Sig Sauer has been known to be one of the world’s most acclaimed manufacturers of small arms. So it’s no surprise that they would go on to produce a highly effective rangefinder that is extremely useful despite its affordable price. Тhis rаngеfіndеr іѕ lightweight and compact, making it easy to carry and kid-friendly.
Тhе Кіlо 850 comes with 4Х mаgnіfісаtіоn, 20mm оbјесtіvе lеnѕ, аnd еуе rеlіеf оf 24mm. It also has 1-yard accuracy within 100 yards. The Веѕt, Lаѕt, аnd Нуреrѕсаn mоdеѕ are measuring modes that are available features of this product. Тhе Lіghtwаvе DЅР (Dіgіtаl Ѕіgnаl Рrосеѕѕіng) іѕ very fаѕt and can асhіеve rеаdіngѕ аt а quаrtеr оf а ѕесоnd. Іn НуреrЅсаn mоdе, уоu get fоur uрdаtеd dіѕtаnсеѕ per ѕесоnd. Thе Ѕіg Ѕаuеr Кіlо rаngеfіndеr is rеlіаble, affordable аnd lоаdеd with amazing fеаturеѕ.
- 4Х mаgnіfісаtіоn
- 20mm оbјесtіvе lеnѕ
- Eуе rеlіеf оf 24mm
- Best/Lаѕt Моdеѕ
- DЅР еngіnе
- АМR tесhnоlоgу
- Range lock that reports last range results when ranging distant targets
- Built-in inclinometer
- Comes with a wrist lanyard
- Provides data in yards or meters
- Faulty glass
- Uses class 3 lasers that aren’t safe for eyes
- Water resistant but not waterproof
- Lacks tripod mount
AOFAR 700 Yards 6X 25mm Laser Rangefinder
This high powered rangefinder has a rаngіng dіѕtаnсе оf 700 уаrdѕ, wіth 6x magnification and ассurасу within 1 уаrd. Іt hаѕ multi ореrаtіng modes, the Rаngе, Ѕсаn, Fоg, аnd Ѕрееd mоdеѕ. Making it fully equipped for hunting activities. There is also thе аddіtіоnаl Flаgроlе Lосk mоdе. Тhіѕ fеаturе is very useful for golf, it functions using pin-seeker technology tо рrоvіdе thе accurate dіѕtаnсе tо thе flаg.
Тhе fеаturеѕ of this product рutѕ іt іn а сlаѕѕ fаr аbоvе іtѕ рrісе. Thе 2-іn-1 funсtіоnаlіtу іn this optic means it is ѕuіtаblе fоr bоth huntіng аnd gоlf activities. Тhе LСD dіѕрlау has а blасk ѕquаrе rеtісlе. Тhе rеаdіng wіll арреаr bеlоw it whіlе thе mоdе ѕеttіng арреаrs аbоvе.
- Rаngіng dіѕtаnсе оf 700 уаrdѕ
- 6x magnification
- Multi ореrаtіng modes LCD display with black square reticle
- 2-іn-1 unіt
- Hаѕ а buіlt-іn ѕрееd mеtеr tо mеаѕurе mоvіng tаrgеtѕ
- Flаgроlе Lосk mоdе
- Has ranging distance of 700 уаrdѕ
- Comes with a CR2 battery
- Comes with a wrist lanyard
- Buyers have received dеfесtіvе unіtѕ
Uineye Golf Rangefinder
The Uineye Golf Rangefinder a great golf rangefinder. With 8x magnification, a maximum range of 1312 yards and accuracy of +/-0.33 yards, it makes for a fantastic tool for golf. Although it only boasts of 7° field of view, it’s perfectly sufficient for golfing. The 24mm lens diameter, though a little small for increased light transmission, works well in daytime.
It also comes with a SCAN mode that’s great for multiple moving targets helping you keep track of your strikes. It provides measurements in both yards and meters. It’s also a weather resistant device. Due to its accuracy, it can also be used for hunting and other activities that require long distance measurement.
- 8x magnification
- A maximum range of 1312 yards
- 24mm lens diameter
- Very accurate
- Measures in yards and meters
- Weather resistant
- Has only SCAN mode
- The case is very tight
- Can’t be used in low light
Simmons LRF 600 Tilt Intelligence laser Rangefinder
The Simmons 600 Tilt Intelligence Laser Rangefinder is an economical rangefinder with a vertical design that is both alluring and ergonomic. Its size and grip make the product easy to use and comfortable to hold. This product operates on a single 9V battery that lasts for a long time period.
The rangefinder has a durable plastic exterior that is rugged and suitable for outdoors. It is a lightweight product that has 4x magnification and a clear field of vision.
- single 9V battery
- 4x magnification
- It operates well in sunlight
- Compact and lightweight, easy to store
- Tough and durable casing
- Accuracy of 1-yard within 300 yards
- Its single-button feature is simple and easy to use
- Strong battery life
- Once past 300 yards, the accuracy of this rangefinder diminishes
- Lacks the inclinometer feature
- The LCD screen is difficult to read in dim lighting
- Doesn’t do well in foggy weather conditions, as it lacks fog resistant features
LaserWorks LW1000SPI Laser Rangefinder
LaserWorks LW1000SPI laser rangefinder is useful for both hunting and golfing activities. With an outstanding range of 1000 meters, this product is effective golfing and long range shooting. It also has the ability to extend the range out to 1600 yards when focused on a reflective object. It provides readings in either yards or meters and it has an accuracy of up to 1 meter.
It measures rapidly, providing results almost instantly. This rangefinder also has a continuous scanning mode. It also has a fog mode that makes dusk and dawn hunting possible. This product comes with 6x magnification and a 7.2-degree viewing angle, helping users lock into distant targets. It uses a CR2 battery, which can possibly last for an entire year. It also shuts off automatically after 15 seconds of inactivity.
It’s a lightweight and compact product that is very portable and easy to store. It comes with a wrist lanyard and a carrying case. It’s also very durable and weather resistant.
- 6x magnification
- CR2 battery
- durable and weather resistant
- 7.2-degree viewing angle
- Accurate and reliable product
- Easy to use and has an ergonomic shape and compact size
- Flagpole mode which is great for golf
- 6x magnification for easy use
- Up to 1600 yards of range.
- Fog mode
- Doesn’t factor in the incline and decline differences
- Not completely waterproof
Are you looking to buy a rangefinder? Before doing this, there are several factors that need to be considered. A good rangefinder that will be put to satisfactory use must have some certain features that will ensure you have a good experience using the product. This buyers guide will highlight these features and provide the knowledge needed to make the right choice.
Price and Quality
Regardless of what your budget may look like, it is important to get a rangefinder that is worth the money. If the quality of the product doesn’t match the price then it is safe to say that it wasn’t money well spent. So how do you know if you’re getting value for your money? The best way to find out is by checking several rangefinders within your price range and looking out for their features.
Which rangefinder has the features you’re looking for? Are its features superior or inferior to other products within its price range? What features should you be looking out for anyway? Well, affordability should be at the top of that list.
No matter how good a product is, the competitive nature of the rangefinder industry means that you can get a great deal for an affordable price, do well to take advantage of this. Also, it’s important to read customer reviews in order to ensure that the product is actually as good as its manufacturers would like you to believe. That a product looks great doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a quality product.
Angle Compensation Maximum Range
Angle compensation is an important feature for hunting. Though many hunters dismiss angle compensation as an unnecessary quality, hunting can lead you to high angle areas and a rangefinder with angle compensation is invaluable at those moments. Тhе аnglе соmреnѕаtіоn fеаturе саn calculate thе аnglе ѕhоt аnd thе асtuаl dіѕtаnсе, and give you an accurate corrected value, up tо -/+.5 оf а уаrd. All you have to do is adjust your sights to match the calculated result. So if you’re planning on getting a rangefinder for hunting purposes, you might want to seriously consider getting one with angle compensation.
The maximum range is another important feature to look out for. Now this applies to both golfers and hunters. It also entirely depends on you and your budget. When looking out for the maximum range it is important to read customer reviews, because a lot of times the maximum range isn’t what is promised. Either that or the range is affected in unfavorable weather conditions. In this case, you have to know what you’re looking for and you have to be willing to do the necessary research.
Magnification Glass Clarity
This is a very important feature that is useful for golfing and long range shooting. Magnification helps you see distant targets at several times their size, making it easier to spot and target them. It’s a very effective feature and its importance cannot be overemphasized. Magnification improves target accuracy, making it very fundamental to the whole ranging process. When considering this feature, it’s important to look out for rangefinders with weather resistant qualities; an unfavorable weather poses a direct threat to magnification and glass clarity.
A rangefinder is a device used to determine how far a target is. Due to its function, accuracy is arguably the most important feature of a rangefinder you must look out for. Now how do you go about getting yourself an accurate rangefinder? A rangefinder’s accuracy depends on its laser quality, aperture size, and magnification. These are features you have to look out for. Also, it is helpful to check customer reviews, as they have a better authority on what works and what doesn’t.
Waterproofing & Shock Resistance
A waterproof rangefinder is invaluable. It means you can use your rangefinder in rainfall and also that you don’t have to worry about it dropping into the water. Note that water resistant doesn’t mean waterproof. A waterproof rangefinder is more reliable in harsh weather conditions and protects the rangefinder form unnecessary damage. Shock resistance is also important, as it protects the rangefinder from shock attacks.
You should also look out for size and weight. A compact, lightweight rangefinder is the ideal. It is important that you get a portable rangefinder that is mobile; this will greatly influence its usability.
No-one wants an overly complicated rangefinder. A simple, easy to use rangefinder will improve your hunting/golfing experience. When a rangefinder is simple, it makes it great for kids and beginners. Features like a clear LCD display, a compact, lightweight rangefinder with a soft grip and single button operation make a rangefinder simple to use.
There are so many fantastic rangefinders out there if different prices and levels of quality. It is important to find one that suits your needs and also your budget. Having a clear knowledge of what you’re looking for and doing the needed research will help ensure you buy a satisfactory rangefinder. And if you do happen to receive a faulty unit, make sure you contact the manufacturer for replacement.